"There's no point in being grownup if you can't be childish sometimes." -the 4th Doctor.
My name is Romanadvoratrelundar, but the Doctor says it's too long, so you can just call me Romana.
Outpost Gallifrey: The Doctor Who News & Information Magazine
Bella's Baby Blanket
Friday, December 30, 2005
back from Minnesota
D.W.Q.M.: "First things first, but not necessarily in that order." -the Fourth Doctor.
I'm back from the land of cold and snow...although towards the end of my trip, it became warm with no snow-almost. ;)
Despite a few things, I had a great time. The kiddies are soooo cute! I meant to try to log on while I was away, but I just didn't have the time. Here are a few notes I made in my journal-hopefully I'll get around to talking about my trip more, but you know me. ;) I do plan to post pics, though...eventually. LOL
1. Getting sick at the beginning of your trip really sucks big time. The jury is still out on whether I brought it to them, or they gave it to me (they are leaning towards giving it to me), but at one point, my mom said my sister's place sounded like the TB ward at the hospital. Stupid colds!
2. I have witnessed a scene with the family dog and a stuffed gorilla that has scarred me for life and basically turned me off of ever wanting to be a dog owner. *shudder*
3. Basset hounds have short, stubby legs, but they can run like the wind!
4. Putting antibiotic eye drops into a five-year-old's eye is not fun. Poor Boo, she got pink eye while I was there, and we had to put drops in her eyes. I felt so bad!! Thankfully she's better now.
5. Even seasoned Minnesotans can get lost at the Mall of America. "Put your hands down-we look like tourists!" Al, to me and Shan.
6. It's hard, but not impossible, to find a Chad Johnson jersey in the state of Minnesota.
7. When 4 or 5 transformers explode out in the rural areas, it's a really cool spectacle to witness while driving down a dark road, but not so cool for those stuck at home when the lights can't decide if they are going to go out or stay on. Some transformers exploded in the Linstrom area, causing the lights at my sister's to go out for a second, come back on, then go out, etc. Eventually they settled down, but my mom, Al and I had to settle the kids down, who were pretty freaked out. Jon came home and as the kids began to tell them what happened, he said, 'I know! I saw it as I was driving home!'
8. Sum-Sum has informed us that she wishes to be called Sum from now on. ;)
9. Getting a makeup set for a five-year-old makes you both an evil sister and the coolest auntie ever. :-D
10. Maddy makes a very cute Auton. After showing the first episode of Doctor Who with the Ninth Doctor to Shan and Maddy, Maddy stood up and announced, "Mommy, I want to be like those people on the movie!" Then proceeded to do the perfect immmatation of an Auton. Her mouth was in the shape of an 'O', and she held out her arms and moved them like a tin soldier. Shan and I nearly fell off of the couch-she was so cute!!
11. Mellon is the cutest baby EVER! well, DUH! ;) She can also walk/toddle now. :)
12. Unusually warm temps=thin ice=3 pickup trucks + 1 ice house under water. It also leaves some very restless/irate children who just got snow toys for Christmas! Children and adults!!
13. When the oldest son of one of your oldest friends is almost as tall as you, you really start to feel your age. CJ asked me 'how old are you?' and I answered 'Younger than your mother.' After glancing at Angel, I quickly added, 'Well, not that much younger.' LOL.
Well, that's all for now. I'm sure I've forgotten something...guess that comes with age. LOL. ;)
posted by Romana1 on 4:11 PM |
Monday, December 12, 2005
D.W.Q.M.: "More hasta, less vista." -the Seventh Doctor
Detroit Lions: 13
Green Bay Packers: 16
YEAH! I am soo happy I was able to catch the end of the game! Favre set a new record-he's the first player in NFL history to record 14 seasons of over 3,000 passing yards. Way to go, Brett!! Woo! :) I also watched Gado attempt to make the infamous 'Lambeau leap' after making GreenBay's only touchdown during the game. He didn't quite make it-but give him time. ;) He also broke a Packer's rookie record-had 171 yards on 29 carries. Way to go, Samkon!! :)
Okay, so the last couple of months have been really hectic-I've either been too busy or too tired to post. I noticed at the beginning of this month I didn't even get a November Night Sky post out. dang! I've got so much to say and so little time! I fly to Minnesota this week. Two months ago, leaving this early seemed like such a good idea...
Hmmm...lets see: quick breakdown of the last couple of months: fun at Halloween at the Jarcs, stitch-n-bitch with Perseph and friends, lots of babysitting (by myself and with Perseph too!), not as much disc golf as I would have liked, but I did play all day Saturday with the guys (note to self: all day disc golf outingsnot such a good idea if the last time you played was over a month ago...ow!), Tippit Thanksgiving reunion dinner, Holiday baking party, Christmas party at Steph and Dan's, scrambling to finish Christmas knitting projects...aahhh! I'm sure I've forgotten stuff.
I'm hoping I'll have enough time to do a December Night Sky post, and to post one or two pics before I leave. (Jerm, Perseph, and Kim-I know! I have to send you those pictureS!) ;) Maybe I'll just upload a few, then actually post them while I'm on vacation next week-my mom has an internet connection...of course, this is assuming I'll be staying with her the whole time! yikes!
Hey, who brought in these chocolates and left them by the student processing table? ;)
...definitely need more sleep...zzzzzzz.... ;)
posted by Romana1 on 3:54 PM |
Thursday, December 01, 2005
Valentine's Day present from the BBC....
D.W.Q.M.: "Eurkea!" -the Third Doctor
Doctor Who dvds are coming to America, Doctor Who dvds are coming to America!!!!!
What could be better thank region 1 discs for the first series coming to Canada? The BBC releasing a set in the United States!!!! Woo-hoo!!!
"The BBC is choosing to release the DVD set in advance of any plans to license Doctor Who for broadcast in the United States."
Here's another article of intrest from SciFi Wire.
Perhaps this will help. *keeping fingers crossed*
February 14th, 2006.
posted by Romana1 on 9:16 AM |
Graphics and design by Ann Stretton Â©2001